Our Mission and Vision:
To improve the quality of life by providing hope to individuals in Berlin, Ocean City, and beyond through counseling and coaching from a Christian perspective.
The Hope Company was birthed out of a vision to make hope a reality in people’s lives through counseling and coaching from a Christian perspective to individuals in Berlin, Ocean City, and beyond. We believe wholeheartedly that every individual matters, is deserving of hope, and is capable of attaining it.
HopeCo. is made up of husband and wife team Mike and Chelsea Steinsdoerfer. Together, they have served the Eastern Shore in a variety of roles including pastors, athletic coaches, and community volunteers. It is their heartbeat to serve the people of the Eastern Shore and make hope a reality in their lives.
Chelsea Steinsdoerfer | MA, LCPC
Chelsea is HopeCo.’s counselor. She is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the state of Maryland and has been working professionally in the mental health field since 2015. She has experience in both private and state practice, seeing people from a variety of ages, but specializing in teenagers and young adults. Chelsea holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Valley Forge as well as a Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling from Liberty University. In addition to her professional work, she has served in a variety of roles since 2007 in churches, youth groups, and drug & alcohol rehabilitation centers. Chelsea also served as a pastor’s wife for nine years and mentored teenagers and young adults during that time. Chelsea is highly qualified and passionate about people achieving mental wellbeing and emotional health in their lives.
Chelsea uses the Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) approach that is solution-focused and person-centered. Talk therapy is an important part of her treatment for mental illness as well as navigating life’s changes and working through people’s pasts. She believes that everyone can benefit from having someone to talk to and approaches therapy from this perspective. Her view is that therapy can help a person cope in a healthy way with their feelings, solve problems, and change behavior patterns that may be contributing to symptoms.
Mike Steinsdoerfer | BA, BCCLC
Mike is HopeCo.’s personal coach. He is a Board Certified Christian Life Coach as well as an ordained Christian pastor and has been serving people in a variety of settings since 2003 including churches, youth groups, camps, and ministry teams and has served as a Christian pastor since 2009. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Valley Forge and is currently pursuing his Master’s Degree from Wesley Seminary. He is an ordained minister with International Ministerial Fellowship, an arm of the National Association of Evangelicals. Additionally, he is a Board Certified Christian Life Coach with the International Board of Christian Care. He has coached and mentored people both inside and outside the church for many years and understands the issues facing today’s generation. As a youth pastor for almost a decade, he is especially gifted with teenagers and young adults and has spent countless hours coaching and mentoring them. Mike’s heartbeat is to help individuals become who God wants them to be.
Our Core Values
- Christ-centered – we believe a person’s best life is found in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and we provide services unashamedly from this perspective. Even so, we serve clients from all walks of life
- Respect – we believe each client, regardless of background, is made in the Image of God, therefore we choose to approach our services from a non-judgmental perspective
- Integrity – we believe as mental health providers we are called to practice what we preach. For us, it’s more than a job; it’s who we are
- Community – we believe in providing a tangible support system where clients know they are not walking through life alone
- Impact – we believe our services should provide tangible, positive changes in the lives of our clients involving healing, growth, and reaching one’s potential
- Humility – we believe we are not the source of all the answers to life’s questions, therefore we choose to depend on God for His help
- Safety – we believe in providing services where clients feel safe to be honest and transparent and we take the responsibility of confidentiality seriously